Folder Lock is a fast data encryption and password protection software for Windows. It can simultaneously encrypt, lock and password protect your files, folders, drives, USB drives and even CD/DVD-RW.
Folder Lock creates encrypted storages called ''Lockers''. You can keep as many of your private files & folders in your Locker and password protect them with a single click. You can transfer, secure and backup these Lockers. These Lockers are portable, you can keep them in USB Flash Drives, CD/DVD (R-RW), & notebooks or transfer them via email or upload. Lockers are even undeletable on the computer where Folder Lock is installed.
You can treat Lockers just as you would treat them in physical world. Each user can have their own Locker. However, a single user can create multiple Lockers with different passwords as well. With Folder Lock, you can choose either to encrypt using 256-bit AES on-the-fly encryption or lock files, folders and drives anywhere on your computer. Each Locker can contain your encrypted files as well as your personal list of locked items.
Furthermore, Folder Lock''s options like hack attempt monitoring, stealth mode, data shredding, history cleaning and auto protection can enhance data security beyond anything ever achieved. In addition, a locker''s delete, move and rename are password protected to prevent data loss.
Folder Lock is Windows Vista / 2003 / XP / 2000 compatible and is the most downloaded File Security program in the market today.
» version 6.3.5 - posted on 2010-02-12
This version includes selection of virtual drive letters and setting default Locker path. Locking now allows brute force protection for even sub-folders and files of locked items. Many other usability enhancements and bug fixes.
» version 5.7.5 - posted on 2007-03-18
Works on Windows Vista and all its variants. Now availalbe in five different languges, English, French, Spanish, Italian and Dutch. Folder Lock is the most downloaded file and folder security application on the globe with 5 million downloads to-date.
EULA - End User License Agreement
End User License Agreement for:
Folder Lock® - © Copyright 2001 - 2010 - NewSoftwares.net Inc.
This license agreement ("License") is a legal agreement between you (either an individual or single entity) and NewSoftwares.net Inc. By installing, copying or otherwise using any of our Products, you agree to be bound by the terms of this License. If you do not agree to the terms of this License promptly return the unused software to the place from where you obtained it for a full refund.
1. EVALUATION PERIOD: You may use a Shareware Copy of the Product for an evaluation period of up to trial limit, in order to determine whether the Product meets your needs before purchasing it. Once the evaluation period ends, you agree to either purchase a Registered Copy of the Product, or to stop using it.
2. USE OF THE PRODUCT: While you are evaluating the Product, you must NOT (a) defeat, or try to defeat, messages in the Product which encourage users to register; (b) modify or prepare derivative works of the Product; (c) reverse engineer, decompile or disassemble the Product; (d) modify any file that come with the Product.
3. CHECKING REGISTERED STATUS: You can determine whether this is a registered copy of the software or not by clicking the about button in the software. If you find it written ''Unregistered'' next to the ''License Status:'' field, it means that the user is evaluating the product. Otherwise if you see ''Registered'' next to the ''License Status'' field, it means that the user is running a registered version of the software.
4. DISTRIBUTING SHAREWARE COPIES: You may make copies of your unregistered Shareware Copy of the Product for distribution in CD/DVD or by other means, however you may not sell Shareware Copies of the Product for a profit. If you are a NewSoftwares.net, Inc. reseller or an affiliate, you have exclusive rights to sell the products in legal manner. People other than resellers and affiliates cannot distribute full versions, registration key, serial no., such a distribution will be considered Illegal and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent under the law. You CANNOT: (a) distribute registered versions of Product if you''re not a NewSoftwares.net, Inc. affiliate or a reseller (b) ship incomplete versions of the Product;(c) defeat or try to defeat, messages in the Product which encourage users to register their software or actively discourage user registration in any way.
6. TRADEMARKS, COPYRIGHTS AND PATENTS: Folder Lock® is a registered trademark. Skin, source code and images are all copyrighted©. ''5-Levels of Locking'' and ''Locker Convenience'' are patent pending technologies. Caution: Please note that we take all kinds of infringements very seriously. Other product and company names in this document may be the trademarks of their respective owners and are hereby acknowledged.
7. WARNING: This product is protected by copyright laws and international treaties. Unauthorized reproduction or distribution of this program, or any portion of it, may result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
8. LEGAL DISCLAIMER: NEWSOFTWARES.NET MAKES NO WARRANTY OR REPRESENTATION, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, WITH RESPECT TO THE PRODUCT, INCLUDING ITS QUALITY, PERFORMANCE, MERCHANTABILITY, OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. IN NO EVENT WILL NEWSOFTWARES.NET BE LIABLE FOR DIRECT, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF THE USE OR INABILITY TO USE THE PRODUCT OR DOCUMENTATION, EVEN IF ADVISED OR THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.